Share this item:
In an educational environment, the moment of rest can have different meanings than the “bed at home”, therefore the objects for sleeping must be different, consisting of elements necessary for a safe rest without the child feeling stuck or in a cage, but suggesting instead comfort and, at the same time, autonomy.
Babies’ needs for sleep are basically two:
• They do not want to be afraid of falling and the normal cots, even if low, are a mezzanine without protection.
• Sometimes they would like to get up and go to the educator, but if there are bars, the only way to get attention is to cry.
A good bed must also:
– Insulate effectively from the floor;
– Be non-toxic, the materials must not release phthalates or other potentially harmful substances;
– Having the possibility of being completed by soft covers and sheets, which must be coordinated;
– Have the safest fire reaction class, class 1IM.